- Saturday, September 11th, 10 am-6 pm
- Sunday, September 12th, 10 am-5 pm
- Idaho State University campus off South 5th Avenue, an
inviting park-like setting.
- Reserved on first come basis.
- No equipment or materials are provided; bring your own
canopies, tables, chairs, etc. Be prepared for Idaho's changeable weather.
- No electricity is provided.
- Regular: Regular booth space is a generous 12' x 12'.
One artist only per booth.
- Mini: For Pocatello Art Center members only. For
those artists who prefer to display their work for sale on a smaller scale
without the hassles of set up/take down, there are a limited number of spaces
for rent under a large, open canopy.
--Each space has four 8'h x4'w lattice
panels of vertical space; floor space is 8' x 4'.
--Two (and only two)
artists may share a mini-booth space.
--Each artist is responsible for
hanging the art work; being present in the booth during fair hours; providing
chair, table, etc.; removing art work overnight; providing protection for art
Set Up and Removal:
- Returning exhibitors need not repeat the jury process.
- Use the on-line application or Mail a completed application and
appropriate fees by July 1st.
- Large SASE for return of receipts, etc.
- Exhibitors may set up Friday, September 11th, 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
or Saturday morning between 7:00 am and 9:00 am.
- Exhibitors are encouraged to bring a hand dolly to facilitate
unloading. Driving on the grass is prohibited.
- Limited assistance may be available for set up and take down.
- Exhibitors may take down after 5:00 pm on Sunday.
- There is ample vendor parking near the fair. Please leave the
parking spots directly adjacent to the fair for customers. Exhibitors' vehicles
should be parked in the assigned lot by 10:00 am each day.
- Exhibitors are responsible for collecting and reporting 6%
Idaho sales tax on each sale.
Out of state vendors will be provided a form
for a temporary seller's permit.
- Minimum security is provided Saturday night only; artists leave
displays at own risk.
- Idaho State University and the Pocatello Art Center and their
staffs are not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged property or personal
injury resulting from participation in this fair.
- All exhibitors, with the exception of previous winners, are
eligible to participate.
- Prizes to be awarded Sunday as determined by our judges:
- 1st Place: $125
- 2nd Place: $100
- 3rd Place: $75
- One People's Choice award, selected by public ballot
during the fair on Saturday, will be announced on Sunday afternoon. The prize
is free booth space at the fair next year.
- Only original, handmade work is acceptable. Reproductions, such
as prints and cards, may comprise 40% of the artists's work. No commercial
vendors or their representatives will be accepted. The displayed work must be
consistent with that submitted for jurying and must be suitable for family
viewing. The Pocatello Art Center reserves the right to refuse entries.
Decisions of the Jurors are final.
Provide the following information along with a
completed application form.
Fees and Deadlines:
- Brief resume.
- Three photos of representative art work to be sold labeled with
your name, size, and price of the item. Minimum photo size is 4" x 6". Because
photos are a determining factor in your acceptance or non-acceptance, take them
with care. No slides. No scanned images printed on computer paper.
- Photo of booth set-up labeled with your name, if requesting a
- Appropriate fees.
- Use separate
checks for jury fee, booth fee, and PAC dues, made out to Pocatello Art
Center. PAC membership, $25.00 per year, can be paid at time of
- Large SASE for return of photos; receipts, etc.
||By July 1st
||After July 1st
Acceptance Notices &
- Acceptance notices and receipts will be mailed as soon as they
are received. They will be sent to you in the SASE you included with
your Application Form or included with the checks you send.
- Cancellations before August 30th incur $25 processing fee. No
refunds after August 30th.
- The final deadline for accepting applications will be
September 6th, 2010.
- Econolodge University Inn, 835 South 5th Avenue (208-233-0451)
is accross from ISU campus and fair area.
- KOA Campground, 9815 Pocatello Creek Road (208-233-6851).
- ISU's Pond Student Union has three guest rooms available
- There are other fine motels near the interstate several miles
from the campus.
- Call the Pocatello Art Center (208) 232-0970 between 10
am and 4:30 pm Monday-Friday.
(Be sure to click on the "Submit
Form" at the bottom of the Application when finished.)